Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11726) City improvements are still available inspi

To: carllobo@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11726) City improvements are still available inspite of wonders.
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:11:29 -0800

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Carl Lobo wrote:

> One can still build an improvement in a city inspite of having a
> wonder. To illustrate, all my cities can build a granary inspite of
> having built the Pyramids. Simillarly Barracks are also available in
> all cities, inspite of having the Sun Tzu's war academy. When I
> conquer a city, the barracks are not shown with an asterix and they
> don't get sold automatically.  However all my troops are veteran as
> soon as they're built.

Yes, but this is a feature, not a bug. At best they could not be shown by
default when the improvements are listed in the productions tab. There
is no reason having an equivalent wonder should forbid you from building
something.

I do agree that the asterisk was useful, to let you know a building
was replaced, this will be looked into.

> Attached is the save game. The Sun Tzu's war academy is in Sparta and
> the Pyramids are in Athenae. I'm using a CVS checkout. This does not
> happen with the 2.0 5th beta release.

---