Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11207) keyboardless mouse-only goto causes accidental

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11207) keyboardless mouse-only goto causes accidental gotos
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 10:12:35 -0800

> [chrisk - Sun Dec 19 10:26:33 2004]:

> Here is a patch, following loosely my suggestion #2. The veteran state info
> is moved from behind the unit name down to the Moves line. Thus, the number
> of lines total does not change.
>
> This avoids the resize pretty much I think, and so avoids the goto problem.

I haven't tested it but the idea seems good.  But this won't completely solve
the problem I
think - someday it will show up again in some language.  So it should still be
fixed at the GUI
level (by avoiding resizes that make the widget smaller).

Another alternative is to remove the veteran-level text entirely.  This info is
already shown in
the unit graphic on the panel and on the mapview.

Perhaps a long-term alternative is to have the user choose the text.  A string
is included in
the clinet options with tags like %v for veteran level.

-jason