Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11497) AutoReply: server freeze on 2.0 beta5

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11497) AutoReply: server freeze on 2.0 beta5
From: "Steffen Jobbagy-Felsö" <sj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:42:11 -0800

I just tried restarting the server (with the 1500done savegame) but not the
client, and the server
froze again, but straight in yr 1500.

Jason Short wrote:

> Steffen Jobbagy-Felsö wrote:

>>I just tried restarting client&server and that fixed the problem at first,
>>but it now froze again in
>>Yr 1515.
>

> If you can find steps to reproduce the freeze then we can track it down.
>
> If you get the freeze again, try to get a backtrace:

I ran all the commands in a new root shell

>    ulimit -c ulimited
>    killall -SEGV civserver
>    gdb civserver core
>    bt full

bash-2.05b# ulimit -c ulimited
bash: ulimit: ulimited: invalid number
bash-2.05b# ulimit -c unlimited
bash-2.05b# killall -SEGV civserver
(server segfaulted here)
gdb only gives no <current path>/core: no such file or directory
tried it in /root and /usr/local/bin (the binary is there) as root and at the
place&shell where i
started the server as user
I dont appear to have bt installed - can you tell me where to get it?

now i tried loading +1500done again to confirm what happened earlier. waited
2,5 minutes already and
its still frozen