Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11397) RFC: change hard-coded drawing into tileset spr

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11397) RFC: change hard-coded drawing into tileset sprites
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 18:49:27 -0800

There is some hard-coded drawing in the client:

1 Goto lines.
2 Grid lines.
3 Border lines.
4 Selection lines.
5 Fog.
6 Citymap overlays.
7 Worker overlays.
8 City texts.

All of this (as much as possible) should be moved into the tilesets.
For 1-5 this is straightforward.  For 6 and 7 we might just want to put
the mask in and let the client pick the color...but I think it would be
better if the tileset had full control over the color as well.  For 8 we
should just make sure the tileset has control over the font size
(particularly important for really large or really small tilesets).

-jason