Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11372) pubserver crash in is_allowed_city_name

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11372) pubserver crash in is_allowed_city_name
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 01:28:02 -0800

Jason Short wrote:

> I think this patch should fix it.  But oddly I can't reproduce this.

Aha!

When a civilization runs out of names in their nation ruleset, the ascii
handling of backup rulesets isn't so good.  The crash is caused because
the AI civ (which has no conn) is trying to use a non-ascii name from a
nation other than its own, because it has run out of nation names.  The
AI should be allowed to do this - it's probably the cause of the "can't
build city" errors people have been reporting.

-jason