Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11121) RFC: modularity in freeciv

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11121) RFC: modularity in freeciv
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 14:24:20 -0800

My next suggestion is that we create a "server tools" module.  This will
include much of the server code but NOT the executable or anything
directly related to it (including the handle_() functions).  Basically
it should include all of the server functionality required by Civworld,
so that instead of linking to specific server object files (bad!)
civworld can link to just this module.

Also, the server generator module should not rely on the server module,
but may link to the server-tools module.

This module would go in a directory server/tools I think.  To begin with
all the xxxtools files can be moved in.  Then we can work on fixing the
dependencies.

-jason