Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11214) FC_CHECK_X_PROTO_NARROWPROTO_WORKS fails when c

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11214) FC_CHECK_X_PROTO_NARROWPROTO_WORKS fails when cross-compiling
From: "Frédéric Brière" <fbriere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:23:15 -0800

The FC_CHECK_X_PROTO_NARROWPROTO_WORKS macro defined in m4/x.252
contains a call to AC_TRY_RUN that lacks any action-if-cross-compiling
argument.  I found no obvious way to disable that test, so I had to
provide a dummy --with-x-funcproto argument to configure when
cross-compiling.

I couldn't make much sense of what that macro actually looks for, but I
think it should either provide sensible defaults if possible, or disable
specific targets otherwise.

--
             Frédéric Brière    <*>    fbriere@xxxxxxxxxxx

 =>  <fbriere@xxxxxxxxxx> IS NO MORE:  <http://www.abacomsucks.com>  <=