Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11185) ugliness in is_my_zoc

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11185) ugliness in is_my_zoc
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:17:14 -0800

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Jason Short wrote:
> However the function should not always be omniscient in the server!
> One possible solution is to make the AI handicaps into tangible things.
> Rather than allow the AI to see unknown tiles when the handicap is
> set, instead mark those tiles as known.

This is the neatest solution, no doubt. However, how about when you
exchange maps with this AI? You will get the whole world. As you mention,
/take is a problem, too.

Better perhaps to have a single check somewhere in the map code so that we
always _seem_ to see everything by map_get_known(), but this reverts to
normal once we are no longer AI or share maps. Or something.

  - Per