Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11164) bugs

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11164) bugs
From: "ILGIN SEKER" <ius102@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:56:40 -0800

Hi,

1)     When I use go to command, I can't select a tile from the dark regions
anymore. It is really annoying, because you have to use keyboard to move
units most of the time, and it is very slow. I think the reason you diabled
it was that it gave information about the landscape in dark regions. But
there is a much better way to avoid it. e.g. you use go to to move the ship
to a dark region, the go to line assumes that there is no land in between
and the line is straight, and the ship stops when it encounters land. That
way we can still use go to (G) and not learn information about land in dark
regions.

2)     I am using windows and in the general map, the city names and city
production (ctrl+l) sometimes dissapear. I guess there is a refreshing
problem.

3)     The new icon on the units which show that whether the unit has
movement left or not is very inefficient. First of all, it is too large for
this purpose and covers the real unit graphic. It needs to be big, only if
it showed different levels. But it shows only if the unit is fresh or moved.
But gives no info about how many moves left. I think it should be made much
smaller circle, or else it should be given a more detailed meaning which
involves levels. At this size, it can show the ranking level instead of
on/off mode for moves left.

4)     There should be  an option not to show the nation borders. It is a
very good idea, but sometimes for estehetic reasons, we may not wanna see
them on the map.

Thanks,

Ilgin

P.S. Please respond, if you got this e-mail.