Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11098) Belgian nation could use better king names

To: mechanix@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11098) Belgian nation could use better king names
From: "Guest" <rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 05:40:29 -0800

> [vasc - Tue Nov 23 01:41:55 2004]:
>
> On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Christian Knoke wrote:

> > On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 04:25:57PM -0800, Jason Short wrote:
> > >

> > > +leader="Leopold", "Albert", "Boudewijn", "Baudouin"
> > >
> > > You have two different versions of the same leader???
> >
> > Yes he said because of the two languages in Belgium.
>
> Well, I did mention it once that I thought the leader names should
> just be
> in English.

Well, that would rather be Baldwin[1] then, but just about anyone from
Belgium would say 'Uh???' when seeing that name.

If listing two versions is undesirable, I think it'd be better to drop
it and only list Albert and Leopold.

Regards,

Filip

[1] Incidentally this is still the same as the origin of the name, which
is a contraption of the Germanic words bald (bold) and win (friend)