Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10932) Keyboard shortcut changes

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10932) Keyboard shortcut changes
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 16:17:13 -0800

> [jdorje - Sun Nov 07 18:05:54 2004]:
>
> But this is wrong since all the other GUIs still use the old behavior.

The respective client maintainers can correct this.

> Also I don't see what's wrong with using arrow keys to navigate the
> mapview.  The mapview is a widget after all.

While it would be possible to add this, it would both be confusing
(sometimes the arrow keys work for map scrolling, sometimes they don't,
this is compounded by the fact there is zero GUI feedback when the map
is selected), not to mention it would be two keyboard shortcuts for the
same thing.