Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10966) Invalid string in gtk 1.2 client

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10966) Invalid string in gtk 1.2 client
From: "jorneg@xxxxxxxxxxx" <jorneg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 07:51:22 -0800

Jason Short wrote:

>Can you try out the patch at
>http://rt.freeciv.org/Ticket/Attachment/74379/50923/translit.diff and
>see if it works for you?
>
>In particular, what happens if you play as the Polish nation?

    I applied the patch an the bug is gone. But then, some cities appear
with '?' in the name on the screen. I suppose that the iconv - or
something like this - is failing.

    As a side note, i notice that when playing an autogame there are a
lot of messages like this:
Only marines can take a city from ocean.    -> this implies that the
ferryboat code fails...
Game: This unit has no moves left.       -> this is just cosmetic... and
maybe is not a bug.