Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10953) bug report about translation

To: atagi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10953) bug report about translation
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 07:21:01 -0800

愛宕直樹 wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I report some bugs of Freeciv2.0beta3.
> My machine is running with Windows XP,Japanese edition.
> In Japanese mode , Some messages from localhost isn't  displayed
> correctly on text-area of client.
> The picture that is attached to this mail is showing examples of this
> bug.
>
> On this picture, characters with blue underline is translated correctly.
> but, characters with red underline is not translated correctly.

(Corrected image attach.)

It looks to me like there is not a working snprintf.  The following
string is not handled correctly (charset = "SHIFT_JIS"):

msgid "Game: Your %s%s survived the pathetic attack from %s's %s."
msgstr "Game: %2$s%1$sは、%3$sの%4$sからの攻撃を切り抜けました。"

But then this string also isn't handled correctly which is odd:

"*%s (AI)* Greetings neighbour, may we suggest a joint campaign against %s?"
msgstr "*%s (AI)* 親愛なる隣国諸君、%sとの闘いに参戦してはくれないか?"

jason

JPEG image