Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10927) Crash freeciv beta3 linux

To: nijpels@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10927) Crash freeciv beta3 linux
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 17:53:51 -0800

> [jdorje - Sun Nov 07 18:00:27 2004]:
>
> Well, here is a patch to just work around the bug.  It will only apply
> to S2_0 since the dev branch has rather different code here.  For the
> dev branch I think we're better off without this "fix" but if we want it
> it'll be even easier to do there.

Yeah, but does the map exist in the client at this time or not? I
remember someone mentioned things like goto mode not going away on
disconnect, which could be causing this I think.

A simple check for map_exists() should be enough to find out.

I have a patch for the goto mode bug, but had zero feedback thus far.
See PR#10176.