Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Server can change language

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Server can change language
From: François-Xavier Coudert <Francois-Xavier.Coudert@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:38:37 +0100

Hello,

I don't know precisely where to post this. I think it would be great to
have a server command that would be able to change the language of
messages. It would be something like "/lang fr", and after such a command
all server messages would be in french, for an example. It may be useful
for environnements where changing locales is no trivial business (I first
thought of that command during a mixed english-french civ game, that
was... funny but very hard to follow).

Of course, a similar option may be desined for the client, enabling
in-game change of language.

I don't know the freeciv source organisation, but as far as I understand
locale stuff, this shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Thanks for your attention,
FX

--
François-Xavier Coudert