Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: GUI Problem

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: GUI Problem
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 09:46:31 +0100

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 09:16:45AM +0100, Christian Knoke wrote:

> in S2 GTK2 client I have both chat window tabs and a single map tab. I can
> close the news tab but never reopen it.
>
> I guess this is going to change...

Ahh, forget about it. This is pretty cool.

Some first feedback:

Quite a big change for S2 now.

For the informational reports in the lower part of the window, I can open
the same report several times.

The ability to open and close tabs is unnecessary. I would go a step further
and make all tabs persistent and *remove* the reports menu. Right now you
have always to look: is the tab right there and I click on it, or I have to
go to the menu and open it. This is twofold.

This applies to upper *and* lower section.

If possibel, you could use *vertical* tabs for the lower screen section.
This fits more because the information presented there is not so wide
extended. And this can save real screen estate for the map.

I'd put the message options in the upper section, because you *operate*
here, and you have not a good overview about what can be done right now.

The rightmost column of the economy report should *not* be right-aligned to
the window.

Christian