Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10812) reload with whole map visible

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10812) reload with whole map visible
From: "superfly" <superfli@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:10:57 -0800

I am currently using freeciv beta 2 for windows.
When I loaded a saved game, the whole map became visible, even though
it wasn't originally. The appollo wonder was not completed. It appears
that the bug originated when the load dialogue disappeared, and
because the 'welcome to freeciv' dialogue was still displayed, I
thought I had clicked the wrong thing, so clicked on 'load game' a
second time, chose the file, loading it a second time. 'choose player'
was up from the first load, so I chose the player, and it loaded with
the whole map visible. The whole map remained visible until a
different savegame was loaded correctly, at which point it resumed
displaying only the parts that should be visible. Neither exiting
freeciv nor reloading the same file will correct this problem. Another
saved game must be opened correctly before the originally broken one
will work. Interestingly, If the other game is opened using the double
load, it that game will load properly, but the error will not be
resolved.

Jeff