Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10708) improving dialogues for keyboard use

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10708) improving dialogues for keyboard use
From: "Martin Brassel" <brassel@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 10:22:14 -0700

Hi,

I like FreeCIV very much and I've been using it for years now. There are
some small things I would like to have, so I could nearly completely use
it with my keyboard:

The "build town" dialogue should have autofocus on the name field, where
we can choose the name of the town.
Then the "OK" and the "Cancel" button should be available by tab. Or
even by O and C.
Maybe a simple use of the enter button should take the name of the town.

There are some more dialogues where the keyboard use could be improved,
but that is the most annoying one because it has less options and you
have to use the keyboard while typing a different name for the town.
Other dialogues are mostly usable by mouse, because of their variety of
options.

The second thing I would like to be changed is the autofocus of some
dialogues: As usual a new dialogue gets the focus when opened. Sadly it
doesn't give the focus back to the main window. This is especially the
case for the city options menu and AFAIK the research window.

Maybe you could change this.
Thanks in advance.

Martin Brassel

P.S.: I use the win32 build of Freeciv 2.0.0 Beta 2