Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8640) Bug: Target "*.ruleset" at data/nation/Makef

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8640) Bug: Target "*.ruleset" at data/nation/Makefile
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 02:54:27 -0700

Jason Short wrote:

>>What is the status of this bug?  Should Makefile.am.sh be replaced?  Is
>>the most recent replacement ready?
>
> This Makefile.am.sh is quite complicated.  What about a simpler
> solution: we can keep Makefile.am.sh, but never have it run
> automatically.  Makefile.am then gets added to CVS.  Makefile.am.sh is
> run manually when adding a nation (which is no problem compared to the
> work in adding the flag for the tileset to flags.spec and
> flags/Makefile.am).

  Indeed, after fighting with Makefile.am.sh related problems a lot I'm
convinced that we need normal Makefile.am, which is not generated by
autogen.sh.
  I would remove Makefile.am.sh entirely. Is it, after all, any easier
to run this script than to add one line to Makefile.am by hand? Usually
one has to add ruleset to default/nations.ruleset anyway.

  - Caz