Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9998) 1.14.2 minimap recenter error

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9998) 1.14.2 minimap recenter error
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 14:14:51 -0700

This guy reports that if he clicks on the minimap the mapview is not
recentered properly.  It's instead recentered to some other arbitrary
location.

<genstef> the beta version does not work as it should for me
<genstef> it does not focus for example if I click on the map
<jdorje> genstef: a problem with your window manager?
<genstef> no
<genstef> definitely not
<genstef> as it works in the cvs version
<jdorje> does 1.14.1 work?  nothing with the interface has changed
<genstef> no
<genstef> i rightclick to focus an area and it does not work
<ledet> sounds like an issue with your window manager
<ledet> which one are you using?
<genstef> icewm
<ledet> hmm...
<ledet> do you have some sort of focusing model running?
<genstef> are there diferent ones?
<genstef> its the map focus not the window focus
<jdorje> I assume the focus is on the chatline?
<jdorje> you have to click on the mapview to restore it
<jdorje> prbably left-click, I dunno
<genstef> if i rightclick somewhere on the small map i should see the
area of the map in the big screen .. but I dont .. instead i see a
totally different area

<jdorje> genstef: that's not the problem you said before
<genstef> it is
<genstef> perhabs my english is to bad
<jdorje> what tileset?
<jdorje> what server settings?
<jdorje> what client (gtk2, gtk, xaw, win32)?
<genstef> gtk2
<genstef> nothing changed fro defaults
<genstef> civserver, I only typed start then ..
<jdorje> nothing has changed in the client since 1.14.1 that would
affect this
<jdorje> did you say it did work in 1.14.1 or it didn't work in 1.14.1?
<genstef> it did not work in 1.14.1
<genstef> it worked in cvs
<jdorje> hmm
<jdorje> can you report the problem in full to rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx?
<jdorje> maybe vasco will be able to do something with it, but I have no
idea
<jdorje> it would help if you could chnage window managers and see if
there's any difference
<genstef> i do not know ... my english so bad that you did not even
understand me

<jdorje> genstef: what tileset are you using?
<jdorje> and what is your architecture (x86?)
<genstef> how can I see?
<genstef> x86
<genstef> icewm
<genstef> xorg