Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9864) Terrain under cities changes during save+loa

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9864) Terrain under cities changes during save+load
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 13:25:27 -0700

Marko Lindqvist wrote:
>   and comparing original and new save there seems to be a lot map
> changes. All (I looked for three) changed tiles seem to have city on them.

  Ok, It's not real map that chanhes but player knowledge about unfogged
tiles is updated. Bug is that players have wrong tile information before
save. I'm also pretty certain that this affects only maps of
disconnected (AI!) players.
  At least one bug is in maphand.c:send_tile_info(), which calls
update_tile_knowledge() inside conn_list_iterate. So
update_tile_knowledge() is called once per player connection, not at all
if there is no connections.

   - Caz