Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9824) problems with counting adjacent tiles in hex top

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9824) problems with counting adjacent tiles in hex topologies
From: "Marcelo Burda" <mburda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 07:31:59 -0700

> [jdorje - Jeu. Aoû. 26 21:03:53 2004]:
>
> Several places count the number of tiles adjacent to a current tile:
>
> - When transforming ocean<->land.
> - When calculating borders.
> - Who knows where else?
>
> Obviously this won't work very well with hex topologies.
>
> My solution would be to turn these values into percentages rather than
> total values.
>
> jason

This has a big problem, if you see for  condition (count == all - 1),
you need count and all, for square topolgy this is 700/8 % and for hex
500/6, imposible to handle easyly, At last you has to provaide the old
system and a NUMBER_ADJC_TILES for these things.

i am no sure if you can chage all actual values to % and get good thing
in HEX topology. maybe this has to be analyse one after one!

provide the old and new _pct function and NUMBER_ADJC_TILES.
and be carrefully where you change something to % and where you has to
user numbers.

Marcelo