Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9799) PATCH: rewrited adjust_map()

To: mburda@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9799) PATCH: rewrited adjust_map()
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:39:30 -0700

I almost like the idea.

What I don't really like is the "linearize" part of adjust_map.  I don't
like specifying 35% mountains and having the highest 35% of all tiles be
turned into mountains.  This loses some of the texture that is created
by the pseudo-fractal generator.  I would rather keep the clumpiness of
the distribution of heights, and let the terrains fall out as they may.
 Note that since the max and min values of the hmap are pretty
arbitrary, this may not work well with the current system.  Your method
_may_ be a sufficient approximation.

jason