Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7282) Patch: connect as orders

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7282) Patch: connect as orders
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 03:29:12 -0700

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Jason Short wrote:

> Here's a patch that solves this.  A new function get_activity_MC is
> created.  It is called:
>
> - in get_connect_MC, to determine if the activity / first activity is
> possible.
> - In get_connect_moveEC, to determine the activity's MC.
> - In update_last_part, to add the time onto the path's time.
>
> It's kindof ugly but better than anything else that came to mind.
>
> I also fixed problems with move_rate versus SINGLE_MOVE.  The EC is now
> the number of _moves_ needed to do the connect, so it gets divided by
> the unit's move_rate.
>
> There are still however some problems with the time.  Getting this right
> will take some tweaking.  If this patch is going to take longer perhaps

I thought much about getting the time right and decided that it's again
impossible with current PF structure.  I also decided that it's no good
extending PF structure one step at a time, so I will go for something
drastic, even if Raimar will kill me if he sees the code.

I will start working on it (together with your connect patch) now.

> the server and common parts should be committed (since they conflict
> with Ali's extended orders patch).

You can if you want to.  I hope to get everything working today.

G.