[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6175) Wishlist: "Ferry" command

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6175) Wishlist: "Ferry" command
From: "John Wheeler" <jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 13:14:10 -0800

--- Guest <rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How would you optimize it in terms of knowing how
> many units to wait for?  Having a transport leave
when
> one unit borded it might kind of suck.

Excellent question that I hadn't considered.

Several possibilities come to mind:

1. (Borrowed from RRTycoon) Have settings for the
ferry to go a.) the turn anyone boards b.) when it
gets half full c.) when it gets full.

2. Have all ferry movements come after goto commands
are executed, so all that are being moved
automatically to the ferry that turn will be picked
up.

3. Find all the units going to the ferry pick up
point.  Ignore any that will take longer to get to the
pick up point than the ferry will take to return.
When half of the rest are loaded, move.