[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6994) Wish List: Cities should see their whole city ar

To: raven@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6994) Wish List: Cities should see their whole city area.
From: "John Wheeler" <jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 13:29:07 -0800

> [raven@xxxxxxxxx - Tue Dec 02 18:35:06 2003]:

> >> [raven@xxxxxxxxx - Sun Nov 30 14:55:53 2003]:
> if you were refering to my "an option" comment, I meant that
> this would idealy be a changable server option.  (I'm all about the
> flexibility, one of the coolest things about freeciv is that you can
> use the same engine to play some very different games, which is
> something I'd like to see taken even further.)

I thought this would be so uncontroversial that everyone would want to
have it on.  But, lo and behold, PR#416 actually is directly opposed to
this.

> The city area is the same as ever, cities can never have workers on
> more than the 20 squares around the city just like in
> freeciv/civ1/civ2.  When you settle a city, only the 8 squares
> immediately surrounding the city square are within a border, and are
> visible and usable ....

Ah, okay, I suggested something like this before in PR#6170.  The rest
of this discussion probably belongs there, as that's where work on the
patch has gone.

--

++JohnWheeler