[Freeciv-Dev] Re: list cleaning

To: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: list cleaning
From: Jason Dorje Short <jshort@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 13:42:42 -0500

Raimar Falke wrote:
On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 03:41:54PM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

Look we have unsafe iterators (unlink during iterate). In the past we
used a safe version in the rare cases were we needed it. The safe
versions then were removed. So we can either revert the change and
reinstall the safe versions (this was rejected of reasons which may be
facts or not) or we replace it with something better. And better here
means for me that we build a safer version which always works. The
older code with the safe iterators had low runtime impact and used to
have low code impact.

The safe versions weren't removed. What was removed was the use of the incredible hack of passing the genlist iterator to wipe_unit and manually incrementing the iterator. Now we have unit_list_iterate_safe, it just isn't used in all the right places.

jason