[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6993) Pubserver navigation: finding info on games.

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6993) Pubserver navigation: finding info on games.
From: "raven@xxxxxxxxx" <raven@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 06:02:34 -0800

Right now on the main http://pubserver.freeciv.org/ page, there are links
to view the 'latest games'.  Also, if you go into the rankings (the old
rankings - http://pubserver.freeciv.org/rankings.phtml) you can view each
players most recent game, or if you look at that player specifically, you
can watch any of their games.

I like the viewgame thing, but it's aufully slow loading, and I'm on Cable
so I'm assuming it's not just my connection.

Recently I figured out that there's fairly extensive game information
available at http://pubserver.freeciv.org/gamelog.phtml?game=foo, and it
loads a lot faster than the viewgame files.

Might it make more sense to have the 'latest games' links, and the links
from the rankings, be links to the faster loading 'gamelog.phtml' rather
than 'viewgame.phtml'?  There could be a link to viewgame at the top of
gamelog.

--Zack