[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6965) civilwar_nations as alternative to misc_cities.r

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6965) civilwar_nations as alternative to misc_cities.ruleset
From: "Morgan Jones" <morgan.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 21:35:25 -0800

I've brought up this idea before but I don't think I ever made an RT ticket for
it, so here goes:

Now that we have civilwar_nations I thought that this mechanism might be a
better way to supplement a nations citylist when it is exhausted.

Eg:

A player is the Dutch.  He/she has built every city listed in the dutch.ruleset
and normally further names would be selected from the misc_cities.ruleset
(which currently seems to be a catalogue of small-town America).

The Boer (amongst others) would be listed as a split off nation should the
Dutch nation ever have a civil war.

Further city names for the Dutch could be selected from the Boer.ruleset,
therefore providing much better consistancy.

Of course if the Boer are already in play then another alternative could be
considered from the list, with misc_cities.ruleset remaining the ultimate
backup.

Freeciv already handles duplicate city names so if the Boer suddenly came into
existence during play it shouldn't be a problem.

I realise this isn't exactly a fundamental improvement so I don't mind if
no-one's in a hurry to approve/code it.  I'll have a go myself, but it will
probably take awhile.

   -Morgan