[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6932) Re: Re: Artistic polish

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6932) Re: Re: Artistic polish
From: "Arnstein Lindgard" <a-l@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 08:39:17 -0800

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 05:15:40 -0800 Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> From: Raimar Falke [mailto:i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> >
> > Freeciv can be changed so that it can read the civ3 graphics format
> > (the original one and the graphics made by 3rd parties).
>
> And it hasn't happened because... people aren't paid to do it, so it
> happens slooooooowly if at all?

I requested animation graphics from the civfanatics civ3 forum, got
'bout 60 views and no replies. The guy who made custom gfx for their
latest "Game of the Month"'s declined to contribute because of
anticipated time consumption. In another thread, that crowd seem to
think that Freeciv sucks, particularly because of lacking AI
diplomacy. They probably favor Win32 and single-player style games.
We should accomodate such people by creating a real smallpox
solution, native win32 client, and adding code to support animation.

Arnstein