[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6585) Delta version 8

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6585) Delta version 8
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 04:23:45 -0800

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 03:58:03AM -0800, Arnstein Lindgard wrote:

> If I expand the PACKET_UNIT_ROUTE from 5 to 6 elements, the python
> script reverts to passing the packet for argument in the generated
> handle_ functions, rather than passing the whole list of items.
> Well, maybe that's not a bug.

Yes it is a feature. If the packet contains more than 5 fields or is a
ruleset packet the handling function are called with the packet.

For the sending functions the user have the choice if he wants send_*
or dsend_*. There is also no question for the receive_* function (it
returns the packet). But for the handle function some criteria had to
be choosen. The direct handle functions are IMHO too usefull to remove
this feature completely.

If you have other ideas for the criteria please post them.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "This is Linux Country. On a quiet night, you can hear Windows reboot."