[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6816) Re: Re: (PR#6819) server crashes when loaded

To: ggracian@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6816) Re: Re: (PR#6819) server crashes when loaded trireme is lost
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:56:21 -0800

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 12:40:09PM -0800, Jason Short wrote:

> Raimar Falke wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 07:09:54AM -0800, Genevieve Gracian wrote:

> >>In recent head cvs, when a loaded trireme is lost in high sea,
> >>the server crashes. It seems that it only occurs when the unit in
> >>the trireme has been built by a city (no problem with explorers of
> >>the begining even if they've been assigned to a homecity).
>
> When I disband the tririeme, nothing unusual happens.

That is expected. The call to wipe_unit isn't in an unit_iterate.

> But when it is "lost at seas" I get the following valgrind error (or
> random memory corruption if valgrind isn't used).

There is no question that there are invalid reads. Note that
unittools.c:419 is
  unit_list_iterate(pplayer->units, punit) {

So the question is why there is an invalid read (read stale pointer).

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Last year, out in California, at a PC users group, there was a demo of