[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6802) CMA release does terrible things

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6802) CMA release does terrible things
From: "Benoit Hudson" <bh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 12:01:57 -0800

When the CMA cannot satisfy the constraints for a city, it release the
city from its control.  This is all well and good.  However, and this is
very bad, when it does release the city, it doesn't just leave all the
workers where they are.  Instead, what I see very often is that most of
the workers become scientists, so my city which was released because CMA
couldn't guarantee +1 food suddenly has -12 food.  Recovering from this
is highly annoying if there are any nearby cities: they may suddenly
have decided to start using one of the released squares, which can cause
a chain-reaction to arbitrarily far from the first city.

Note that when you manually release a city, the behaviour as it should
be: the workers just stay put.