[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6754) Partisans vs. CMA

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6754) Partisans vs. CMA
From: "Jason Short" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 11:00:28 -0800

Raimar Falke wrote:

> The center of the city is marked as worked but an enemy unit (Mech
> Inf) stands there. The city ownership gets transfered later (30 lines
> later in handle_unit_enter_city).
>
> Patch:
>
> Move the reduction of the city after the ownership has been
> transfered.
>
> There may be other side effects but the current code is obviously
> wrong.

This is the same as PR#6544.  See the discussion there.

This has nothing to do with CM.  The only difference is the added error
messages; this "error" has been there all along.  Should we be worried
about this "error"?  I'm not sure.  It means the citizens are put in
bogus positions, but then they get fixed immediately afterwords.  In
other words, the only drawback _with the current code_ other than the
error message is that aaw() gets called twice.  Of course, with a change
to the CM this "error" could actually give big problems.

jason