[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#3489) Patch to add new generator

To: jjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#3489) Patch to add new generator
From: "John Wheeler" <jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:52:46 -0700

[per - Sat Sep 13 00:36:04 2003]:

> On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, jjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > The problem is that land movement withoutroads is really really
> slow.
>
> Perhaps supply new ruleset where units have more movement points?
>
> Or, each map could have a movement point multiplier, which we for
> starters can apply to move rate, but later perhaps can replace
> SINGLE_MOVE with.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to increase the movement rate for
 units in units.ruleset without also increasing the total number of
attacks.  I seriously doubt you would want to do the latter.  If you
really wanted a units ruleset solution, I would suggest putting a factor
in the [units_adjust].  (Adjusting terrain.ruleset could work, too, but
would mean allowing fractional movement_cost.)

OTOH, I think a movement rate multiplier would work especially well for
scenario maps.

--

++JohnWheeler