[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#5252) Wishlist: Defined civil war nations

To: morgan.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: remi.bonnet@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#5252) Wishlist: Defined civil war nations
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 08:29:11 -0700

[dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx - Wed Sep 10 23:59:16 2003]:

> Here's some.  I've got nearly every nation, though some of them are
> uite
> stretched.  I figured it'd be better to pick small neighboring nations
> than totally random ones (e.g. korea, which AFAIK has never had a
> breakaway state, gets japan, which is a whole lot better than getting

Actually Korea is one of the more prominent examples of breakaway
states, being now split into North Korea and South Korea.  The other
thing is that neither of the breakaways are in the list of nations.

> france).  I've stuck to history whenever possible.
>
> BTW: patch looks great, except for the minor coding issues mentioned
> elsewhere (-1 vs NO_NATION etc.)  I wouldn't worry about efficientcy,
> there's no way this code is going to become a bottleneck,

We should _always_ worry about efficiency.  It sets a good example for
the times when it is really needed.

G.