[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#1469) Looking at the score

To: rms@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#1469) Looking at the score
From: "freeciv" <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 13:16:11 -0700

The Design Board didn't come to an agreement yet. There are a lot of options
here, and the impact on the game is not low. We liked to hear more opinions,
especially from players.

To quote the OP,

---
|The client ought to have a command to look at the score, in a
|generalized sense of the term.  When the game is over, it should
|contrast the success of the various players.
---

I see these options. Some of them can be combined.

1) Remove the /score command.

   The score will only be shown at game end.

2) Have a menue command  Reports --> Score

   The score is shown whenever the player wants it.

3) Have a menue command  Reports --> Score (visible to all)

   This is the implementation present in conndlg12a patch.
   This is the way the /score command works currently.

4) Only show an average score for the last ten rounds, which is computed
   every five turns.

   Intended to address concerns that too much information is revealed, about
   players you've never met.

5) Show the score every ten(?) turns, like the other historian reports.

6) Make the score part of the demographic report.

   You can see the ranking and own points, but not points of other players
   (except you have embassy with the best)

So what's your opinion on the score? I'd prefer answer in numbers ;)

Christian

--
Christian Knoke          * * *          http://www.cknoke.de