[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Re: Auto CMDLevel

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Re: Auto CMDLevel
From: banjo <banjo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 26 Aug 2003 23:48:05 +1200

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 06:22, Paul Zastoupil wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 09:40:27PM -0500, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 04:21:27PM -0700, Jeff Dickman wrote:
> > > I want to run a civserver, that will auto cmdlevel certain peopl when
> > > they connect, thus not having to grant shell access to the people that
> > > want to play.
> > >
> > > Does this feature exist.
> >
> > no, it doesn't. The only way to do this that I'm aware of would be to
> > use CVS, enable authentication via ./autogen.sh --enable-auth _and_ write a
> > patch for server/userdb.c to save cmdlevel information in the database and
> > server/connecthand.c to use that information to set cmdlevel when the user
> > connects. If you have the skills to do this or can convince someone else to
> > do so, I will review the patch.
>
> BTW, I'd really like this for pubserver...

ive got a mostly done perl script that acts as a wrapper around freeciv
servers, how it works...

  1) it sets up a preforked ssl server
  2) that you can log into
  3) and then start a freeciv game
  4) this server connection is held by Expect.pm
  5) which can be programmed to respond to certain events
  6) multiple freeciv games can be run simultaneously
  7) you can log out & the games still run
  8) later on you can log back in and be back into your sessions.

shall i post the code ?

--
banjo <banjo@xxxxxxxxxx>