[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5135) Re: Re: Free for all Games

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5135) Re: Re: Free for all Games
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:11:24 -0700

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 02:27:43PM -0700, Christian Knoke wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 09:18:58AM -0700, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> >
> > I see your diplomacy 2 and raise to 3:
> >
> > Option: diplomacy  -  The ability to do diplomacy with other players
> >   If set to 0 (default), diplomacy is enabled for all. If set to 1,
> > diplomacy
> >   is only allowed between human players. If set to 2, diplomacy is only
> >   allowed between AI players. If set to 3, diplomacy is disabled for all.
> > Value: 0, Minimum: 0, Default: 0, Maximum: 3
> >
> > Untested patch attached. Please try it out.
>
> 1- I think with diplomacy=1 the state between human and AI should always be
>    war.

I think about diplomacy=1 and Teams between AI's and humans. In that
special case there should be only war between the different teams and
not every AI and human.

> 2- The option value isn't saved in savegames.

Looks like a bug.
And it shows that adding an option is not easy enough.
There should be macros for saving loading ...

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.