[Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv accessibility to the blind

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv accessibility to the blind
From: nikodimka <nikodimka@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 05:13:22 -0700 (PDT)

>> I was just wondering if their was any possibility of creating an even
>> more accessible version, using speech through a sound card or better yet
>> interfacing with screen readers directly. If this were possible, I would
>> be forever obliged to whoever could accomplish it, I feel that it has
>> potential, and am quite willing to wait for anything that might come of
>> this.
>
> Ideas and code for improving accessibility are most welcome. Speaking for
> myself, I have no idea how these things work.

Well, it's not a very good thing to advertise
something that is not quite ready, but
the Puppetter interface
(pre-0.1 version at ftp://freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/puppetter.patch.gz)
could be the basement for text-only client
which would be pretty accessible for anyone with
automatic reader or braile stuff.

just 2 copecks of mine

nikodimka