[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5252) Wishlist: Defined civil war nations

To: morgan.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5252) Wishlist: Defined civil war nations
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 03:16:12 -0700

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 08:11:46PM -0700, Morgan Jones wrote:

> It would be great if there was an optional entry in the nation rulesets that
> listed a number of other nations that the game would choose from (either in
> order or randomly, not sure which is better) for a new AI player in the event
> of civil war.
>
> For example:
>
> In Spanish ruleset:
>
>    civilwar_nations = "Mexican", "Chilean", etc.
>

> In English ruleset:
>
>    civilwar_nations = "American", "Australian", "New Zealand", etc.
>

> I realize that many of these nations were not created as a result of civil
> war, but it would add some historical consistency to the game.  Having the
> Aztecs breaking away from the Japanese is sort of odd.

I would say most of the nations were created by something like a civil
war ...

> Of course if civilwar_nations is empty or all the entries are already in the
> game then it could revert back to current random method.
>
> Any thoughts?

Nice idea. Think the people will like a detail like that. But don't be
disappointed when no one writes code for it. Because it's not a very
important isue.

But i think that a clean patch has high chances to be commeted very
soon.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.