Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4437) Gold upkeep

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4437) Gold upkeep
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:17:13 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Morgan Jones wrote:
> > Right. I think the idea of selling improvements first for homed
> > units (but not for homeless) is a good one.
> >
> >- Per
>
> What about generating a requestor in this situation?Something along
> the lines of
>

>  "There is not enough gold to support XXX unit.  Disband unit
>   or sell improvements to fund further upkeep?"
>
>  Disband Unit                                               Sell Improvement

Except you might get a hundred of these on turn end if you are really out
of luck.

In any case, this should never let this happen anyway. You should always
be careful to balance your tax income with your expenses. If you know you
are going to go into the red ink, then sell/disband what you care least
about losing before you end turn.

  - Per