Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4331) Bug in cm.c

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4331) Bug in cm.c
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 05:12:35 -0700

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> I am trying to add support for CM in server now, and I'm getting
> buggered by a hard to find bug in cm.c. Raimar, please help out.

To make it easier to duplicate, I've attached a savegame to do so. Take
over 'a' and find transport at (72,2), then make a city with its engineer
at (70,1). This always cores the server.

Also, I added some debug info into the assert place, this is what I got:

1: Grokgak: using 1,0 (city map position)
2: print_city(city='Grokgak'(id=139))
2:   size=1, entertainers=1, scientists=0, taxmen=0
2:   workers at:
2: print_result(result=0xbfffeaf0)
2: print_result:  found_a_valid=1 disorder=0 happy=0
2: print_result: -www-
2: print_result: .....
2: print_result: .wc..
2: print_result: .....
2: print_result: -...-
2: print_result:  people: W/E/S/T 1/0/0/0

This is where it goes wrong: CM attempts to place three more workers than
we have (this is a new size 1 city) outside the map. It looks like
city_map_iterate does not have any problems iterating over non-existent
tiles. This is bad.

  - Per