Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] the ground_unit_transporter_capacity assert

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] the ground_unit_transporter_capacity assert
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 12:59:10 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Juhani Heino wrote:
> I had to remove assert(ground_unit_transporter_capacity(x, y, pplayer)
> >= 0); in sanitycheck.c(don't worry, it isn't in the patch) because
> three units were left in ocean after conquest of a city.
> transfer_city_units()in citytools.c is faulty, I think - it won't remove
> or teleport cargo of a ship it destroys.

This is likely to be correct. Now that you mention it, I remember
investigating potential problems in this function a few weeks back. I
thought, however, that these problems only arose with allied players and
ferries.

I have a patch in the works that totally rewrites this function and
related functions (everything to do with resolving unit stacks in the
server), but I am waiting for Vasco's new genlist node deletion patch
before proceeding further, since it simplifies a lot of the rather ugly
use of unit list iterators.

Once Vasco's patch is in cvs I can update my patch and post it to the
list.

  - Per