Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: client/server authentication (PR#1767)

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: client/server authentication (PR#1767)
From: "Mike Kaufman" <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 20:35:20 -0700

here is a new auth patch:

o changed the db api: now returns the user struct directly from the call
o locking now has its own file: lockfile.c
o locking now utilizes either flock or fnctl
o now defines NEW_USERS_ALLOWED and GUESTS_ALLOWED rather than their
  opposite
o added a my_isupper() to support.c and use it.
o is_good_password() now prints a complete usage message on a bad new
  password
o the password buffer in the client and server is now blanked after it is
  used.
o removed connection.server.is_old_user
o added an connection.server.status which is enum conn_status.
o remove the type from an packet_authentication_reply
o added xaw support. (with caveat: the password field is not completely
  satisfactory)
o added a "client.password" field in .civclientrc which you may [manually]
  place your password. If you do so, the client will attempt to skip over
  the connect dialog. If the server does not establish your connection, you
  are dumped back into the connect dialog to complete the process.
o fixed the auto_connect feature.

Things that are still needed.
o some autoconf work for flock and <sys/file.h>. Specifically, we need to
  test for flock(). If found, define HAS_FLOCK. If that is not found, check
  if we've got HAVE_FCNTL_H. if not, then undefine HAS_FILE_LOCKING.
o win32 work for lockfile.c. I'm pretty sure that win32 won't compile this.
o win32 work for connectdlg.c
o sdl work for connectdlg.c

I don't think that any of these should block commit to CVS.

With the support for the three clients, this sucker's gettin pretty big.
Let's commit this guy.

-mike