Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4237) duplicate tileset options for tilesets

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4237) duplicate tileset options for tilesets
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 06:10:18 -0700

I set my tileset to 'trident' and save. I check my .civclientrc, sure it
is there. I start the gtk2 client, and I'm back in isotrident. What gives?

It reads the file alright, but finds the wrong conclusion. I fumble around
the sources and suddenly I remember something about there being _two_
options for tilesets. Ick.

Right. Once I select 'default tileset' as opposed to 'current tileset'
everything works.

This is stupid. When I choose to _save_ my local settings, I expect the
settings to be that same way when I start the client next time. Please
combine the two options into one. And lose the 'EXPERIMENTAL' tag. This is
CVS HEAD for crying out loud.

  - Per