Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4213) New pact: Union

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4213) New pact: Union
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 11:36:46 -0700

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> > This patch implements a new pact called 'Union' which is exactly like
> > 'Alliance', except you share your research with your Union partners as
> > described in PR#3672. It also adds exact description of tech points to
> > science dialog, implementing PR#3376.
>
> Why not commit 3376 separately?

Is there any reason to? This is not exactly a big patch. #3376 would be,
like, a handful of lines.

> What happens if one player in the Union wants to research a tech
> yet inaccessible to another player?

That doesn't happen. The techs of player A and B in Union are always the
same. On establishing Union we share all techs. I haven't considered what
would happen when we add the 'restrict techs by root tech' patch, and use
it, and A and B have different tech trees, though... what should happen?

  - Per