Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4199) Planes downed in a grouned attack

To: Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4199) Planes downed in a grouned attack
From: "ChrisK@xxxxxxxx" <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 11:16:44 -0700

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 10:31:49AM -0700, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:

> I am gearing up to the big movement handling cleanup in server and as a
> part of my research I discovered this:
>
> it there are two units, a plane and a ground unit on the same tile you
> _can_ attack them, provided the ground unit is deemed the better defender.
> In the case of your victory against the ground unit, the plane also falls
> out of the sky.
>
> If the plane is deemed the better unit, the attack is disallowed with
>       Game: You can't attack there
> message.

You are right, but somehow I dislike the mere existence of such *immune*
tiles. The ground unit arises a ZOC, you cannot move through the ZOC, and
you cannot attack, not even with diplomats.

Can't we find another solution for those things?

What happens if you attack with a fighter? The ground units defends, right?
Oh my.

Also, with diplomacy, alliances and such, I can't attack my enemy because he
hides with a neutral player on the same tile. That's sick.

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/