Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4195) new SDL on solaris issues

To: rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4195) new SDL on solaris issues
From: "Rafa³ Bursig" <bursig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 15:47:27 -0700

Dnia 2003.05.08 16:16, Guest napisa³(a):

> There are a few new issues in the SDL code introduced last night.
> This is Solaris specific, since I haven't been able to test on any
> other
> platform.
>
> 1. There is no "setenv" library call on Solaris.  This is used in
> freeciv/client/gui-sdl/gui_main.c.

I will change it to putenv(...) but problem is that
this work only with X and there is no support for auto center new
window in SDL for other enviromets.
> 2. When linking, XMoveWindow isn't resolved.  I think it's in -lX11,
> but that isn't passed to the final client link line.

Yes this is X function and I rem it becouse for X I use set... hmm...
putenv((char *)"SDL_VIDEO_CENTERED=yes");
Problems are other system.

> 3. There is no "FT_OPEN_STREAM" defined in the Solaris freetype
> header.  There is however a "ft_open_stream".  This is in SDL_ttf.c.

And my freetype header has only FT_OPEN_STREAM but IMHO this depend on
freetype version
in :
- 2.1.2 was ft_open_stream
- 2.1.3 is FT_OPEN_STREAM ( I have it )
- 2.1.4 - I don't know but rather is FT_OPEN_STREAM.

this is problem of freetype libs.

Rafal