Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2905) Science dialog help disabled at beginning of tur

To: kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2905) Science dialog help disabled at beginning of turn
From: "Jason Short via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:17:31 -0800

[guest - Sun Jan 26 04:34:28 2003]:

> If you gain a tech and the science dialog pops up at the beginning of a
> turn, and you click help on one of the techs to open up the help
> browser, you can't click on anything in the help browser until you close
> the science dialog.  The help browser shows ok, but you can't scroll,
> expand/collapse, or even close the window.
>
> If you open the science dialog manually the help works ok.. the problem
> is just at the beginning of the turn.
>
> I'm using GTK2 on Red Hat 8, today's CVS.

This is, of course, because the science dialog pops up modal - something
that is completely unnecessary now since AFAICT the server will give you
reasonable research even if you don't pick anything, and the dialog gets
updated properly if your science changes.

Attached is the patch I submitted for PR#137.  This should go in shortly
unless there are objections.

jason